From Unknown News:
Soon I'll be dead, by Grandpa
June 2, 2008

Have I mentioned lately that I'm increasingly glad that I'm old? Soon I'll be dead (nothing fatal, just an actuarial statement -- I'm 70, almost as old as John McCain, so I'm a lot closer to the end than the beginning).

The country I grew up in has already been killed and buried, and the criminals who killed it are getting away with it.

My father was killed defending America from real enemies in World War II. My older brother was killed in Korea, and they told him he was defending America too, but I never figured out what he was defending America from. I was lucky enough to be a Marine while America was between wars, but my son was killed in Vietnam, and again, you tell me what his death had to do with defending America. Nothing, like the nothing our boys are fighting and dying for in Iraq today and Iran tomorrow.

Shouldn't it at least take a pretty clever criminal mind to sink a nation, loot the treasury, launch outlandish phony wars, and get away with everything? Everything I ever believed in has been completely trashed and the traitors who did this to America are laughing as they get away with it all. These crooks Bush and Cheney don't seem terribly bright and they did everything in broad daylight... on television... but nobody seems to want them punished except a huge majority of little people like you and me and Helen and Harry. The people in power, people in Congress and in the media who really could punish this gang of low-life thugs, they're just always conveniently looking the other way like little kids told to face the wall. They'll be staring at that wall right up until it crumbles on them.

But on the bright side pretty soon I'll be dead, and make my way out of here.

I'll get to escape the ugliness they've built where the United States of America used to be. You poor suckers are stuck here.

Grandpa